Alan Whitson will be the Working Call Contest Coordinator for 2018. As seen in the April/May/June CCAA Newsletter, there is a new Amateur Division added this year for the 2018 contest. Details of the new Division E are highlighted below in red.
Judging of the calls:
1. Each call will be blown by an experienced waterfowl guide or waterfowl hunter, who is not one of the judges. When possible, a different caller will be used for the next years contest. The routine blown will be similar to a Main Street style.
2. Judges - Every attempt will be made to find experienced waterfowl hunting guides or waterfowl hunters to act as judges. Each judge will listen to the hail call, individual quacks, feed call & come-back call. The caller will also illustrate the overall tone & sound reproduction that the call is capable of producing. The judges will rate each of these criteria on a scale from 1 to 10.
3. Any added adornments to the call such as painting, carving, checkering, segmenting, laminating etc. will not be considered by the judges and will have no influence in their scoring.
4. All of the score cards will be totaled. The 1st and 2nd place scores in each Division will be awarded ribbons. In case of a tie, the first tie breaker will be the total score for the hail call. Second tie breaker will be the total score for the feed call. Third tie breaker will be the total score for the quacks. Fourth tie breaker will be the total score for overall tone and sound. Fifth tie breaker will be the total score for the come-back call.
5. The first place call from Division A, B, C, & D will then be blown by the caller and the judges will again score each call. Highest score will be awarded Best of Show.
Entering Call in Contest Information
1. Entry fee per call is $10.
2. Each callmaker must fill out and sign a call entry form.
3. Calls can be entered by mail by sending the calls, entry form, return postage, insurance and entry fee to: Alan Whitson, Brian Byers, James Bennett or anyone you know who will be going to the show and is willing to accept the responsibility.
4. Checks should be made out to Callmakers & Collectors Association.
5. If you are bringing your calls to the contest, the location for entering the calls will be at the Callmakers & Collectors Association Call Contest table. You must enter the calls from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018. Judging will begin as soon as all of the calls are entered, estimated to be around 8:30 am.
6. Callmaker retains ownership of the call upon completion of the contest and can be reclaimed by presenting the call receipt, after 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct 13, 2018.